Absentee Ballots are available 45 days prior to the election. To qualify for an absentee ballot, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Are 60 years of age or older
- Expect to be absent from the community in which you are registered to vote for the entire time the polls are open on election day.
- Are physically unable to attend the polls without the assistance of another.
- Cannot attend the polls because of the tenets of your religion.
- Have been appointed as an election inspector in a precinct other than the precinct in which you reside.
- Cannot attend the polls because you are confined to jail awaiting arraignment or trial.
A written request for an absentee ballot must be received by the Clerk's Office. An Absentee Ballot Application may be submitted as your request.