Absentee Ballots are available 45 days prior to the election. To qualify for an absentee ballot, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Are 60 years of age or older
- Expect to be absent from the community in which you are registered to vote for the entire time the polls are open on election day.
- Are physically unable to attend the polls without the assistance of another.
- Cannot attend the polls because of the tenets of your religion.
- Have been appointed as an election inspector in a precinct other than the precinct in which you reside.
- Cannot attend the polls because you are confined to jail awaiting arraignment or trial.
A written request for an absentee ballot must be received by the Clerk's Office. An Absentee Ballot Application may be submitted as your request. Use the link below to view the Absentee Ballot Application for the current election.
Absentee Ballot Application
Completed Absentee Ballot Applications can be mailed to the following address:
539 Phoenix Street
South Haven, MI 49090